Awesome Onsite Retargeting (Popup) App
What is OptiMonk?
OptiMonk is a SaaS App to easily boost conversions with action based messages (popups/bars) based upon visitor’s behavior on your site and what you know about them.
For example, you can show popups based upon recognition of Returning Visitors, Cart Abandonment, Cart Value (or total number of products in their cart), Engagement Level (session duration, the number of opened pages, or the URLs visited), GEO location, and so much more…
With OptiMonk you can grab your visitor’s attention with any content you want at the best moment. Not only for lead capture or webinar registration (Opt-in Forms) but for anything else you want to highlight or promote (like Special Deals, Discounts or Coupon Codes).
What makes OptiMonk so special?
OptiMonk is so much more than just a Popup builder and there is a reason why the creators do speak about an “On Site Retargeting Platform” instead of a “Popup Builder”.
Onsite retargeting is the process of monitoring the behavior of your visitors, and when their behavior indicates they are ready for some additional message, an automatic message is displayed it to them, usually in the form of a popup overlay.
To learn more about Onsite Retargeting, download this Onsite Retargeting Guide (PDF 107 pages).
With retargeting (or remarketing) you normally will think about advertising (f.e. via Facebook or Adwords) specifically to people who have visited your web pages before.
However, why would you pay for advertising if you can “retarget your visitors” (i.e. recapture their attention) before they intend to leave your website?
Or when you see how your visitors are acting on your site but now with the option to direct them to the content you want them to see?
With OptiMonk you have so many options to target your visitors based upon their behavior on your site and what you know about them.
It’s just unbelievable what’s possible. Read further to know more about these awesome conversion boosting features.
How does OptiMonk work?
It is cloud based software. So you can create your campaigns from any browser and device you want. Just follow these 3 steps:
- Choose your Template and Customize your design. Just select one of the many pre-made stunning designs with each 10+ Color Versions per Template. You can select out of these categories:
- Redirect Popups (Full Page Redirect).
- Micro Landing Pages (i.e. Regular Popup) as Y/N, Countdown, and more.
- List-building Popups.
- Multi-Step Popups (aka 2-Step Optins).
- Nano/Reminder Bars (aka Sticky Notification Bars).
- Responsive Popups (for optimized Mobile Experience).
- Social Media Popups (dedicated popup for visitors who came from a specific Social Network).
- Ecommerce Popups (display special offers based on the content and value of their shopping cart).
- Set your trigger and targeting. Triggers are based upon visitors actions (see below).
- Save your campaign and copy the script code on your webpage (in the body tag).
Update (June 20, 2018): New Editor
OptiMonk released a shiny new editor including Drag & Drop elements, dozens of new ways to use popup and 20+ new templates…
It features more advanced settings and dozens of new popup templates that will make you able to…
- get feedback from your customers,
- build surveys,
- increase the number of video views,
- increase the number of social followers,
- build a Messenger list,
- evaluate customer loyalty with NPS,
- show that you’re GDPR-compliant,
- display an after-purchase offer…
… all using the same onsite retargeting technology.
And very cool, as one of the templates, you can choose for the Lumira Template, a spinning wheel popup template, where you can set all kinds of discount coupons or giveaway items that your visitors can win by spinning the wheel. Very engaging and strong conversion boosting feature.
What kind of Triggers can you use?
- On Exit Intend.
- After a number of seconds (Time trigger).
- On Scroll Percentage.
- On Click.
What are the Targeting options?
This is where OptiMonk beats all other popup builders!
You can target by:
- Returning Visitor Recognition. Create different messages for returning and new visitors to maximize your conversions.
- Page Level Targeting. Segment your visitors based on whether they’ve visited a certain Page for at least ‘X’ seconds.
- Geo Targeting. Only show your popup to visitors from a specified country.
- Engagement Based Targeting. Display your popups based upon your visitor’s activity. Segment on session duration, the number of opened pages, or the URLs visited.
- Campaign Based Targeting. Display specific popups to visitors who have already seen, filled in or closed popups from certain campaigns.
- Cart Abandonment Recognition. Target visitors who are trying to leave their cart.
- Cart-Value Based Targeting. Target visitors based on cart value or total number of products in their cart. Encourage people to buy more, or offer a free shipping coupon when a certain threshold is reached.
- Cart-Content Based Targeting. Target your visitors based on the products and the number of different products in their cart.
- Custom Variables & Personalization. Target different audience segments and you can even thank people by name when they sign up.
Autoresponder and eCommerce Integration
Other features of OptiMonk
- Bunch of Stunning Templates to choose from (see above).
- Easy WYSIWYG editor to change text and colors.
- Campaign Scheduling. Control how long your campaign runs and schedule when to start and end your campaign.
- Close Delaying. This option allows you to set a number of seconds that the popup can’t be closed.
- Connected Campaigns (building campaigns on each other. Display specific popups to visitors who have already seen, filled in, or closed popups from certain campaigns.
- Dynamic Text Replacement. Change the message of your popups based on any variable you choose and target as many different audience segments as you want.
- Multi-Page Campaigns. Instead of placing all the information about your special offer into only one popup, use multi-page overlays to maximize your conversions.
- Autoresponder integration wit all major suppliers (see image above).
- Ecommerce Integration. OptiMonk integrates with many popular eCommerce platforms, such as Shopify and BIGCommerce (see image above).
- Fully Mobile Responsive. Select and Edit your designs specifically for mobile in just a few clicks. And target visitors based upon their device.
- Smart Analytics, Google Analytics, and Split-testing. Analyze how your opt-ins and A/B tests are performing over time and discover where your most valuable (highest converting) traffic is coming from. And you can also integrate OptiMonk with your Google Analytics!
- Fast Loading with CDN and pre-loading. When someone visits your website, the popup preloads in the background automatically. Plus OptiMonk uses a Content Delivery Network to cache content worldwide on fast servers.
- Works on ANY website or landing page you control (including WordPress).
Excellent Support & Free Setup Session
OptiMonk is developed by a dedicated team in Hungary, all working daily to improve OptiMonk.
The team behind OptiMonk have created more than 3,000 eCommerce sites, including several which are now market leaders. Besides that, the team of experts has helped thousands of businesses, all around the world, to improve their conversions and revenue.
This is no “hit & run” software application.
On the contrary, the team is working on OptiMonk since 2014 and they really want to create the best “popup builder” on the market.
Their support is excellent and you can chat with them from right inside your application.
And all new clients are invited to schedule a free setup session with one of their client success managers. They can help you with the setup process or provide you with ongoing optimization services.
Are there any shortcomings?
As you can understand, I’m impressed by OptiMonk’s services. So, I didn’t find any bugs or program errors. The application works and it’s supposed to do.
Two minor points. Although there are enough Templates to choose from, these templates are less flexible than other applications I have seen with real drag & drop editing features.
You can easily change the text and select out of a preset color range. But to change the fonts, you’ll need to use additional CSS codes.
Also, there are no triggers for “On Page Load” (Welcome Mat) and “On Exit”.
But you can set a Time Trigger on the first second that almost equals an On Page Load.
I myself prefer Exit Intend triggers above On Exit triggers anyway.
So, for me no “deal-breakers” as I value the excellent targeting features as way more important than showing (annoying) fancy popup boxes on the wrong moment.
Another thing to consider… OptiMonk his is a SaaS application. If you rather prefer a WordPress plugin, check out my review about Thrive Leads.
Why should you buy OptiMonk?
OptiMonk is probably the best personalization and popup creator tool on the market right now as it targets visitors with a perfectly timed message that can be customized for each visitor. It allows you to create popups based upon your visitors actual behavior on your site, the site they came from, and what you know more about them. Every internet marketer needs a Popup Builder. Why settle for less and use a less effective tool instead?
There are several pricing plans. The Bronze Plan is the starter plan and costs $29.00 per month. If you’ll choose for one of the yearly plans, you’ll get a 20% discount!
And you can start your free trial for 14 days (without entering your Credit Card details) to test if OptiMonk is really the perfect Onsite Retargeting app as I think you’ll like it.
My OptiMonk Bonus
If you buy through my affiliate link, you can choose 2 products for free on GeorgesDeals.com.
And I will give you 100 bonus points which you can change for great WP Plugins, Courses and other information products on Select Your Bonus.
Select Your Bonus is my personal bonus page. Almost daily I add new bonuses. You can use your bonus points whenever you want. They will be valuable forever. So you don’t need to hurry to change them into bonuses. Unused points will be kept inside your account (until usage). In the animated image below you can see some of the bonuses that you can select.
To get your bonus points, just send your receipt to [email protected] and I will activate your bonus points and send your bonuses within 24 hours.
Other Comparable Products
If you’re looking for a less pricey but with less features alternative, check out my review about Optin Designer.
Or if you want a WordPress plugins, check out my review about Thrive Leads.
But to be honest, OptiMonk beats any other application with the excellent “Visitors Behavioral Targeting” features.
How do I get my bonuses?
Just send your purchase details to [email protected] and I will activate your bonus points and send your bonuses within 24 hours. Read more about my Policy and FAQ about bonuses.
Instead of your bonuses, can I get a cash rebate?
Yes, follow this link to see how you can get a cash rebate of 12,5% for (almost) all your products (front-end and/or up- and downsells) purchased via my affiliate links.
How to be sure you'll use my affiliate link?
No worries, follow this link to see how you can check that you'll use my affiliate links.
Can I get updates if you'll write a new review?
I have several Email Lists and other Notification Lists that you can subscribe to. You can select out of Email, Facebook Messenger, Facebook Notifications, and Browser Notifications. I segmented my email lists into 4 main topics: "New Reviews", "New Hacks", "New Product Launches", and "New Software White Label Launches". Just select your favorite topic(s) and way to get notified.
Can't find my review but still want to buy a product and get my special bonuses?
First check out if you can find them on one of these pages: New Products or the latest JVZoo Picks of the Day. Still not found? Send me an email ([email protected]views.com) and tell me which product you want to buy. And I'll reply with the affiliate link you can use.